Monday, October 3, 2011

Thoughts of an Autozone Employee

I worked for Autozone for over 4 years. I witnessed managers and coworkers get fired, quit, and even had death in the company.  Throughout my journey with the company, I am blessed to be standing strong and God kept his hands on me in protecting my job.  I had my share of wroteups and warnings from upper level management but i overcame all the issues that as an Autozoner.  Even my  solid relationship with regular customers helped me remain with the company. I have a lot of people rooting for me to get a raise and promotion because i went out my way to assist them in whatever problems they had for their vehicles.  There are some boundaries I set when it comes to customers' cars.  I don't mess with the A/C unit at all and definitely the engine.  I would point out the problem if i can spot it without any doubts.  Depending on certain issues with vehicles, I would tell the customers that a few mechanics need to get involved to provide more descriptive opinions on their vehicles. Just start with me by giving you some free advice and share it with a mechanic and/or dealership so maybe they could reduce heavy costs in servicing vehicles. I am usually a multitasker at the job. I look up parts on the ZNet software on the computer, answer the phone lines for customer service, helping out with batteries and light bulbs installation on cars if it takes me short amount of time to do, clean up the store, and organize the merchandise.  I have my moments of bad experiences at work dealing with irate customers, covering for irresponsible coworkers, and also slipping up on work performances sometimes.  Anyway, I managed to maintain my position there at the company. I have ambition and goals that I want to accomplish. I don't intend to be at the place all my life. While I'm still there at the company, I am continuing to gain more knowledge and experiences that could help guide me in my future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment